Making a template:
If your present cushion has any curved shapes, then a template will be required.
Templates can be made from all kinds of paper : news, brown, plain, wrapping, wall, or even polythene.
Here is how to make a template :
- Lay a sheet of paper flat on the floor, and place your cushion on top of the paper.
- Draw around the cushion, keeping as close to the seam as possible, making sure its identical to your cushion shape, mark where the zip is located on the pattern. Carefully cut out your pattern.
- Place your template on to the chair to check for a correct fit, make any adjustments as necessary.
- Sometimes, over the years well worn cushions become misshapen. To restore to the original shape the template will have to be symmetrical, (right side same as left). To equally balance the cushion, fold down the middle cutting where necessary so both sides are the same.
- Please mark your template with your name and address, and details of cushion required, quantity thickness/depth, filling type.
- Feather or fibre cushions need to be 1/2″ bigger all round than your covering fabric, depth to stay the same, this will ensure a good fit to your cover. We have a tick box when ordering if you would like us to make the allowances.
- Foam cushions have different finish sizes depending on the type of foam selected, as a general rule 1/4″ bigger all round and an extra 1/4″ on the depth.
- Important Note :
when changing from feather or fibre to foam you must measure between the arms of your sofa making sure the covering fabric fits when slightly stretched. Feather or fibre cushions have more bulk in the centre wherease foam has not, this will push the covering fabric side ways making them too big for the sofa, or vise versa.